An open MRI can be used to diagnose shoulder pain using magnetic fields to create a detailed image of your body, including blood vessels, bones, muscles, and tendons from various angles. An MRI allows your doctor to get to the root of the problem and provide you with an accurate diagnosis and treatment plan for your shoulder pain.
Most Common Uses of Shoulder MRIs
Your doctor can use a shoulder MRI to diagnose an array of problems from rotator cuff tears, injuries to the soft tissues and bicep, as well as any of the following:
- Checking healing progress following shoulder surgery
- Rotator cuff impingement
- Ligament and tendon tears
- Degenerative joint diseases like arthritis and labral tears
- Osteomyelitis and other infections
- Work-related or sports injuries from forceful impact, overuse, or strain
- Decreased range of motion
- Bleeding or swelling around the shoulder joint
- Any unexplained pain that is not responding to traditional treatments
If you are experiencing shoulder pain for any reason, an MRI is one of the best ways to assess your shoulder and determine what is causing your pain.
When you need an MRI, visit North Dover Radiology in Toms River, NJ. We serve clients in Toms River and the surrounding areas when they need medical imaging services like CT scans, ultrasounds, and open MRIs. Book an appointment online or call today at 732-370-9902.